Business support roles exist in all industries, all types and sizes of business and all functional areas. All areas of businesses seek to develop and improve as well as enhance how stakeholders such as customers and suppliers perceive them. Business support staff are expected to not only follow existing processes and systems but to innovate and improve upon them and co-ordinate how they are implemented.
This is a one year full-time course.
What do our students say?
"My tutor is very helpful and assists me every time I need help; she helps me improve my work to the best of my ability."
"This college is very good and I am enjoying my course as I am achieving good grades which is going to benefit me."
- Project Co-ordinator
- Administration Co-ordinator
- Operations Support Officer
What can I do next?
- Progress to Higher Education
- Progress to a Degree course in, for example, accounting, business, law, finance, marketing or HR
- Enter employment in the business sector, for example Project Co-ordinator, Administration Co-ordinator, Operations Support Officer in areas such as Marketing, Human Resources, Logistics, Finance
- Progress to an apprenticeship
What will I be doing?
You will cover the following units:
- co-ordinating support for business development
- co-ordinating support for business communication
- co-ordinating support for business efficiency
- co-ordinating support for business improvement
- co-ordinating support for business profiles
You will also complete:
- a work placement
You will be expected to complete up to 50 days work experience placement throughout the academic year. The placement is a mandatory part of the course which you will be expected to find yourself, liaising with our Employability Co-ordinator
- GCSE maths re-sit if you have a Grade 3
This course carries UCAS points for entry into HE at the following tariff:
- Distinction* 84
- Distinction 72
- Merit 48
- Pass 24
You will also be given the opportunity to complete an additional extended project qualification which offers between 8 - 28 additional UCAS points upon successful completion
- Course related visits and trips
- Guest speakers from the world of business
- Participation in charity and fundraising events within the college
How will I be assessed?
There are two mandatory assessments:
- one theory exam externally marked
- one synoptic assignment internally marked
plus mandatory employer involvement
At least 200 GCSE grade points with a minimum of 5 GCSEs. These should include a Grade 4 in English Language or Literature and a Grade 3 in maths. Alternatively, you can have a Level 2 qualification such as a BTEC First Diploma or Technical Certificate (at Merit level or above) with Grade 4 GCSE English Language or Literature and a Grade 3 in maths.
You will be required to come to college in professional attire that reflects an attitude to be ready for work and will help develop and maintain a professional approach to studies.
If you would like help understanding our entry requirements, give our Information Team a call on 01992 411411.
Full Award Points
What do I need to bring?
Stationery items including a text book, memory stick, folder, paper and pens
Free to those under 19 on 31 August 2019.
If you are 19 or over on 31 August 2019, have been a permanent resident in the EU for the last 3 years and are a fee-paying new entrant, you will pay approximately £2000 tuition fee for a Level 2 qualification and approximately £5500 for a Level 3 qualification (these were the fees for 2018/19 and could be subject to change for 2019/20).
Fee-paying students continuing on the same course for a second year will be charged £2000 tuition fee for a Level 2 qualification and approximately £8500 for a Level 3 qualification (these were the fees for 2018/19 and could be subject to change for 2019/20).
If you are aged 19-23 you may also be entitled to free training if the course you choose is your first full Level 2 or Level 3 qualification.
You will be required to pay a materials fee of £5 payable on enrolment. This will include a folder, notebook and other materials necessary to complete the course. Please note you will need to replace these if they are forgotten or lost.