This course gives learners the opportunity to achieve the Foundation qualification in bookkeeping. It will enable you to use double entry bookkeeping including journals, control accounts and ledgers through to trial balance. In addition, you will develop the skills to reconcile cash and bank transactions and the processing of customer and supplier transactions.
Thursday evening, 6.30 - 9.30 pm
What can I do next?
Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Bookkeeping
What will I be doing?
- Learning how to complete Financial Transactions
- Recording cash and credit transactions in books of original entry
- Preparing bank reconciliations
- The use of the petty cash imprest system
- Extracting trial balance from ledger account
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed by a computer-based assessment
- Level 1 AAT Access Award in Bookkeeping or equivalent
- GCSE Grade 4 maths and English or equivalent
If you would like help understanding our entry requirements, give our Information Team a call on 01992 411411. They are available 9 am - 4.30 pm Monday to Thursday and 9 am - 4 pm on Friday.
What do I need to bring?
Pens, pencils, notepad, ruler and calculator. Your tutor will advise which textbook you require.
For information on fees click here, this will take you to a new window with details of the course fees.
These fees are indicative of the 2019-20 costs and may be subject to change