This one-year programme is the introductory level to the AAT qualifications. You will acquire knowledge and develop skills including double-entry bookkeeping, costing procedures and the business environment. Option to complete Level 2 bookkeeping as part of this course.
You will receive the benefit of tutor-led teaching. There is a choice of:
BAC433X Monday evening, 5 - 9.30 pm, or
BAC780X Wednesday daytime, 9.30 am - 2.30 pm
What can I do next?
- AAT Diploma in Accounting Level 3
- AAT Diploma in Accounting including an apprenticeship at Level 3. This gives the advantage of employer support for your learning in the workplace and is supported by a professional workplace assessor to ensure your progression and development is designed to meet your individual needs.
What will I be doing?
There are four learning areas:
- principles of bookkeeping
- internal business environment
- external business environment
- principles of costing
How will I be assessed?
There will be a computer-based assessment for each topic.
- English and maths at Grade 4 or equivalent; or
- the Level 1 Award in Accounting or equivalent;
- relevant experience if over age 19
- an interview may be required
If you would like help understanding our entry requirements, give our Information Team a call on 01992 411411 Option 2. They are available 9 am - 4.30 pm Monday - Thursday and 9 am - 4 pm on Friday.
What do I need to bring?
Textbooks, calculator and writing materials. You will be advised which textbooks to purchase once enrolled.
When registering for classes at HRC, please be aware of our withdrawals and refunds policy.
These fees are indicative of the 2021-22 costs and may be subject to change