Become a payroll professional with the qualifications to perform regulated payroll activities fully, accurately and effectively thereby opening up a respected, long-term career path whether full-time, part-time, self-employed or as an employee.
Thursday evening 6.30 - 9.30 pm
What can I do next?
- Study IAB level 3 payroll
- AAT Levels 2 and 3 bookkeeping and achieve the highly respected professional bookkeeping qualification AAT/QB to add to your payroll qualification
- Take opply for career progressions with, or the potential for, greater responsibility and pay
- Aim for/achieve self-employment
What will I be doing?
- Setting up a computerised payroll system using commercially available payroll software and legislation in relation to starters and leavers including statuary sick pay, maternity pay and basic pension schemes
- Be able to set up and process employee records and data including making full use of real time functionality
- Demonstrate understanding of the fundamentals of payroll legislation
- Be confident in your understanding of the need for accuracy, security, and data integrity in performing pay roll tasks
How will I be assessed?
There are two computerised assessments at the end of the course:
- a knowledge assessment
- an assignment based on a case study given in the exam
- GCSE English/maths Grade 4/D or equivalent
- Level 1 IAB payroll, or experience of payroll as a payroll employee
If you would like help understanding our entry requirements, give our Information Team a call on 01992 411411 Option 2. They are available 9 am - 4.30 pm Monday to Thursday and 9 am - 4 pm on Friday.
What do I need to bring?
You will need a calculator, notepad, pencils and pens; you may also be required to purchase a textbook
A membership fee of £50 is also required, payable directly to the IAB on registration.
When registering for classes at HRC, please be aware of our withdrawals and refunds policy.
These fees are indicative of the 2021-22 costs and may be subject to change