CLEARING SPACES ARE AVAILABLE PLEASE CALL 01992 411520
UCAS Code: AD01
Institution Code: H37
The HND Art and Design offers a new approach to art & design bringing greater emphasis to the professions and opportunities within the creative industries. This multi-disciplinary course will allow students to develop the skills and knowledge necessary to work within one of the most dynamic and growing areas of the global economy. Recognising the diversity of roles within the creative industries, and the need for both specialist technical skills and broad employability skills, the course embeds this range of skills through 2D, 3D and 4D workshops in our industry standard studios. Supported by individual and group tutorials you will develop a confident and self-directed practice. Alongside workshops you will have the opportunity to work with practitioners, take part in visits and live briefs, and exhibit your work professionally in our contemporary art gallery.
- Professional Development
- Contextual Studies
- Individual Set
- Techniques & Processes
- Media Practices
- Material Practices
- Art/Craft Production
- Surface Design
- Professional Practice
- Applied Practice
- Collaborative Project
- Advanced Art Practice Studies
- Conceptual Practice
- Material selection & Specification
- Moving Image
What can I do next?
On successful completion of the course learners can top-up the HND to a full BA (Hons) Degree in Fine Art, Fine Art Painting, Fine Art Sculpture, Illustration; Contemporary Applied Design; Textile Design or Photography at any university or enter full time employment.
Typical jobs following the HND:
Illustrator; Photographer; Fine Artist; Sculptor; Textile Designer; Interior Design Assistant; Stylist; Contemporary Applied Designer and Printmaker.
- Opportunity of attending inspirational study visits both home and abroad. In the past students have gone to Barcelona, Berlin and Iceland. These visits are not mandatory and the costs will be additional to the course fee. Students will be given sufficient notice to budget for these events
- Develop an online presence to market yourself as a professional designer/maker
- Work on joint projects with other HE students from other disciplines
- Live briefs which will enhance your skills and widen your career network
- Create a diverse and exciting portfolio in your chosen specialism which you will take with you to employment or higher education
How will I be assessed?
Your work will be continually assessed throughout the course. Through 1:1 tutorials you will be given feedback and guidance throughout the different stages of the projects. The final assessment will depend upon the particular module being studied. Typical assessment methods include assignments; portfolios; and presentations.
£6165 per annum is the fee for HNDs at HRC in 2020/21. Full and part- time students are normally eligible for a tuition fee loan from Student Finance England. See www.gov.uk/student-finance
These fees are indicative of the 2019-20 costs and may be subject to change