This course is ideal for adults seeking a career in the Creative Industries. Working in an industry standard environment across a range of hands on and digital media before specialising in your chosen area. You will be contextualising practical work through cultural, and contemporary and historic studies in Art and Design. You gain an insight into industry through working on live briefs and exhibiting work in the David Gentleman Gallery.
- 3D designer
- Concept Artist
- Digital Artist
- Fashion Buyer
- Fashion Designer
- Film Maker Visual Effects
- Freelance Artist / Illustrator
- Games Designer
- Graphic Designer
- Interior Designer
- Prop maker
- Stage Designer
- Web Designer
What can I do next?
Progress on to Higher Education, Apprenticeship or Employment in the Creative Industries.
What will I be doing?
- You will be developing your creative thinking, critical analysis and creative problem solving skills through taking part in workshops across a range of media and processes, including drawing, painting, textiles, printmaking, 3D processes and photography.
- You will take part in visits to galleries and exhibitions to inform and inspire your own work.
- You will be developing your communication and study skills through research, academic writing and Harvard referencing.
- You will be using your digital, craft and creative skills to build a portfolio of work ready for application to university, apprenticeship or employment.
Students will work on live briefs and design make and sell products on the Creative Enterprise Pop-Up Shop. They will curate exhibitions and present their work professionally in the David Gentleman Gallery.
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed through coursework working to set project briefs.
There are no formal entry requirements. Applicants will be expected to provide examples of art and design work at interview.
What do I need to bring?
You will be required to purchase your own equipment, a kit list will be provided. You should expect to replace some materials as you progress on the course.
£90 is payable on enrolment as a contribution towards the cost of study trips and additional specialist materials.
If you are a Home student aged 19 or over on the 31st August 2023, you may be liable to pay a tuition fee for this course.
If you are aged 19-23 you may also be entitled to free tuition if the course you choose is on a government-approved list and the qualification is your first Level 2 or Level 3 qualification.
If you are aged over 24 and you have not achieved a full Level 3 qualification you may be entitled to free tuition if the qualification is listed on the Government Free courses for jobs list. Similarly, if you already hold a Level 3 qualification (or above) and meet the Adult Education Budgets definition of unemployed or are in receipt of low wage, you may also be entitled to free tuition.
You may also be required to pay an administration fee, exam fees, kit fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable.
These fees are indicative of the 2022-23 costs and may be subject to change