This course will allow you to gain skills in both traditional and digital animation techniques and you will learn how to use interactive media technologies creatively to produce user-friendly design solutions, or communicate a message or idea to a specific audience. You will also develop a portfolio to showcase your creativity and achievement.
- Games Designer
- Visual Effects Artist
- Concept Artist
- Storyboard Artist
- Games Programmer
What can I do next?
After successfully completing a UAL Level 3 Diploma in Art & Design (Animation & Interactive Media) you can progress to a second and final year of specialist study with a UAL Level 3 Extended Diploma (Animation & Interactive Media) where you may choose to focus on a specific digital specialism. On completion of the second year you will have an extended diploma which is a nationally recognised advanced level qualification allowing you direct access to Higher Education or employment.
What will I be doing?
- 2D and Stop-Motion animation using traditional and digital media
- Digital animation using professional Wacom drawing pads and industry software
- 3D animating, 3D modeling, Rotoscoping, Web design and VFX effects
- Illustration techniques including life drawing, perspective with mixed media
- Receive group and individual tutorial support
- Undertake independent learning and study
- Work on commissions from employers
- Have the opportunity to go on a variety of trips and visits
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed through practical assignments. The final term's assessment will be in the form of a self - chosen project which is externally assessed.
- 200 GCSE entry points including English at Grade C (Level 4 of the new 16/17 GCSE grading structure)
- A Level 2 Diploma at Merit level and English at Grade C (Level 4 of the new 16/17 GCSE grading structure)
- You will need to provide examples of art and design work at interview
We also welcome applications from students with relevant experience or qualifications.
What do I need to bring?
You will be required to purchase a course kit at approximately £110, a kit list will be provided, this will give you everything you need for the first term at college but you should expect to replace paints, sketchbooks and some materials as you progress on the course. £50 is payable on enrolment as a contribution towards the cost of study trips and additional specialist materials.