This qualification provides learners with an understanding of the knowledge needed when working directly with children and young people in a school or college environment. The qualification covers elements including children and young people's development, safeguarding their welfare, and communication and professional relationships.
This qualification is for those working or volunteering in a school environment and want to gain a nationally recognised qualification. It is suitable for those working in roles supporting pupils learning including:
- Teaching assistants
- Learning support assistants
- Special educational needs assistants
What can I do next?
From this course you can progress on to a Level 4 qualification.
What will I be doing?
You will undertake units in the following:
- Schools and Colleges as Organisations
- Support health and safety in a learning environment
- Understand how to safeguard children and young people
- Develop professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Understand children and young people's development
- Support positive behaviour in children and young people
- Support children and young people during learning activities
- Support English and maths skills
- Support the use of ICT in the learning environment
- Support assessment for learning
- Engage in personal and professional development
You will be assigned your own personal Assessor who will support you with gathering evidence to support the assessment of your work.
How will I be assessed?
All units will be internally assessed using a range of methods which could include: written assignments or tasks, observation and discussion.
You must have a paid or voluntary role in a school for at least 12 hours a week and be able to support literacy, numeracy, outside learning and ICT.
If you'd like help understanding our entry requirements, give our Information Team a call on 01992 411411
What do I need to bring?
You may want to purchase the course book Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning level 3.
The fee for this course is £1275.00
If you are aged 19-23 you may also be entitled to free training if the course you choose is your first full Level 2 or Level 3 qualification. You may also be required to pay an administration fee, exam fees, kit fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable.
These fees are indicative of the 2021-22 costs and may be subject to change