This qualification is for those working or volunteering in a school environment and want to gain a nationally recognised qualification. It is suitable for those working in roles supporting pupils learning including teaching assistants, learning support assistants and special needs assistants.
This qualification is for those working or volunteering in a school environment and want to gain a nationally recognised qualification. It is suitable for those working in roles supporting pupils learning including:
- Teaching assistants
- Learning support assistants
- Special educational needs assistants
What can I do next?
From this course you can progress on to the Level 3 Certificate/ Diploma in supporting teaching and learning
What will I be doing?
You will be undertaking the following units:
- Understand Schools and Colleges as organisations
- Understand Children and Young People's Development
- Safeguarding Children and Young People
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in a learning environment for children and young people
- Maintain relationships with young people
- Support the health and safety of children and young people
- Support positive behaviour in a learning environment for children and young people
- Contribute to teamwork in a learning environment
- Understand children and young people's play and leisure
- Promote an effective learning environment
- Provide Displays in learning environment
Total Guided Learning Hours: 270
Total Qualification Time: 321 hours
You will be assigned your own personal Assessor who will support you with gathering evidence to support the assessment of your work.
How will I be assessed?
All units will be internally assessed using a range of methods which could include: written assignments or tasks such as designing a leaflet or booklet, charts or diagrams or setting up an information board.
You must have a paid or voluntary role in a school for at least 8 hours a week.
What do I need to bring?
You may want to purchase the course book Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning
If you are aged 19 to 23 and this is your first level 2 qualification then it is free. If you are over 23 or this is not your first level 2 qualification you will pay £893