The Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning has been designed to provide learners with an understanding of the knowledge and skills needed when working directly with children and young people in school or college environments. It covers a wide range of areas including children and young people's development, supporting children and young people's positive behaviour and communication and professional relationships.
It's aimed at learners working in roles that support pupils' learning in primary, secondary or special schools, as well as colleges.
This qualification is for those working or volunteering in a school environment and want to gain a nationally recognised qualification. It is suitable for those working in roles supporting pupils learning including teaching assistants, learning support assistants and special needs assistants.
This qualification is for those working or volunteering in a school environment and want to gain a nationally recognised qualification. It is suitable for those working in roles supporting pupils learning including:
- Teaching assistants
- Learning support assistants
- Special educational needs assistants
What can I do next?
From this course you can progress on to the Level 3 Certificate/ Diploma in supporting teaching and learning
What will I be doing?
You will be undertaking the following units:
- Understand Schools and Colleges as organisations
- Understand Children and Young People's Development
- Safeguarding Children and Young People
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in a learning environment for children and young people
- Maintain relationships with young people
- Support the health and safety of children and young people
- Support positive behaviour in a learning environment for children and young people
- Contribute to teamwork in a learning environment
- Understand children and young people's play and leisure
- Promote an effective learning environment
- Provide Displays in learning environment
Total Guided Learning Hours: 270
Total Qualification Time: 321 hours
You will be assigned your own personal Assessor who will support you with gathering evidence to support the assessment of your work.
How will I be assessed?
All units will be internally assessed using a range of methods which could include: written assignments or tasks, observations and discussion
Learners will need to be working or on a practical placement for the duration of the course in a learning environment (school or college) as they need to show competence in both skills and knowledge You must have a paid or voluntary role in a school for at least 8 hours a week.
If you'd like help understanding our entry requirements, give our Information Team a call on 01992 411411.
What do I need to bring?
You may want to purchase the course book Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning
The fee for this course is £889.00
If you are aged 19-23 you may also be entitled to free training if the course you choose is your first full Level 2 or Level 3 qualification. You may also be required to pay an administration fee, exam fees, kit fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable.
These fees are indicative of the 2019-20 costs and may be subject to change