The Electrical industry is a £23.6bn market so there is always a demand for electricians all around the UK. If you're looking for an exciting new career in electrical installations then our level 2 course is a good starting point that will give you the knowledge and skills to succeed.
What makes Electrical Installation at HRC special?
- You will get the chance to work in a modern workshop that has had a recent £110,000 refurbishment
- You will be taught by industry-trained lecturers who are experts in their field
- You will benefit from our links with local employers in the Electrical industry and have the chance to carry out work experience to help you get a job
- You will have lots of opportunities to progress to a higher level and complete the necessary qualifications to become a fully-qualified electrician
- We focus on practical work to help get your skills to the right level.
What do our students say?
"I am now doing what I have always wanted to do, I could have never got to where I am now without this qualification"
"The tutors were friendly and really supportive, I would recommend this course to anyone thinking about it".
What can I do next?
After you have successfully completed this course, you can choose to:
- Apply for our Level 3 course in Electrical Installation
- Enter into employment in this industry as an "Improver".
Progression will be subject to good attendance and behaviour reports from previous course
We're proud that our students go onto careers including:
- Installation Electrician
- Maintenance Electrician
- Electrotechnical Panel Builder
- Instrumentation Electrician
- Testing and Inspection
What will I be doing?
We will help you learn a wide range of skills that will support you to work in the Electrical Industry, including:
- Health and Safety
- Basic electrical principles
- Electrical installation technology
- Electrical installation wiring and terminations
- Communication with others.
There are lots of perks to this course, including the opportunity to work with local employers, meeting guest speakers who are experts in their field, and working with students in other departments to support projects and activities.
How will I be assessed?
Each of the four technical units are assessed by City and Guilds Evolve online exams. These are multiple choice exams taken at the College and you will receive your results at the end of the assessment..
The practical training culminates in a day long assessment of your practical skills learnt over the duration of the course. You will complete a predetermined installation, test it and finally connect it to the electricity supply.
To apply for this course you will need:
- GCSE Grades 4's in English and maths
- To show a keen interest in Electrical Installation work and a motivation and willingness to study and achieve
- To undergo an initial assessment in English and maths to determine the areas of improvement required to help you achieve
We also welcome applications from students with relevant experience or qualifications.
If you would like help understanding our entry requirements, give our Information Team a call on 01992 411411.
What do I need to bring?
When working in the practical workshops personal protective footwear and overalls will be required at all times. You will also need general classroom equipment to help you take notes.
If you think you would benefit from financial support we have bursary options available for those who meet the criteria. Please note, this funding is not guaranteed and is subject to availability at the time of application.
Free to those under 19 on 31st August 2021.
If you are 19 or over on 31st August 2021, have been a permanent resident in the EU for the last 3 years and are a fee paying new entrant you will pay approx. £2000 tuition fee for a Level 2 qualification and approx. £5500 for a Level 3 qualification (these were the fees for 2020/21 and could be subject to change for 2021/22).
Fee paying students continuing on the same course for a second year will be charged £2000 tuition fee for a Level 2 qualification and approx. £3500 for a Level 3 qualification (these were the fees for 2020/21 and could be subject to change for 2021/22).
If you are aged 19-23 you may also be entitled to free training if the course you choose is your first full Level 2 or Level 3 qualification. You may also be required to pay an administration fee, exam fees, kit fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable.
These fees are indicative of the 2021-22 costs and may be subject to change