The Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Trowel Occupations (Construction) qualification offers an excellent progression opportunity for students that have complete a Level 2 Bricklaying qualification, to further develop their knowledge, skills and experience to progress within the industry. The qualification has been developed for achievement in a real workplace environment which means the learner must be employed to undertake this qualification.
This qualification enables the learner, to recognise their skills, knowledge and understanding as well as demonstrating their competence in the workplace when carrying out the role of a bricklayer.
- The course start dates are flexible to your needs
- The course duration is responsive to your work commitments
- On completion of the course you can apply for your Gold Card
- You may be eligible to complete the course for free under the National Skills fund if you meet certain criteria
- Optional units can be selected specific to your work role and employer needs
- On completion you can apply for your Gold Card
- Progress as a fully-qualified Bricklayer
- Further training and/or experience can enable entry into supervisory and management positions within the workplace
What will I be doing?
Students will complete the following mandatory units:
Setting out to form masonry structures in the workplace
Erecting masonry to form architectural and decorative structures in the workplace
Erecting masonry structures in the workplace
Erecting masonry cladding in the workplace
Developing and maintaining good occupational working relationships in the workplace
Conforming to general health, safety and welfare in the workplace
Confirming work activities and resources for an occupational work area in the workplace
Confirming the occupational method of work in the workplace
Additionally students will complete a minimum of one unit within this group:
Repairing and maintaining masonry structures in the workplace
Installing drainage in the workplace
Installing and forming specialist masonry elements in the workplace
Erecting thin joint masonry structures in the workplace
Students will receive outstanding support and guidance from our experienced industry standard assessors.
How will I be assessed?
The qualification is assessed through gathering on-site work evidence and completion of knowledge questions. You will be supported by your assessor with a bespoke assessment plan specific to your needs.
- Previous bricklaying experience
- Students must be currently working in the Bricklaying industry to ensure appropriate competence evidence can be gathered
- Include sentence ''If you'd like help understanding our entry requirements, give our
Information Team a call on 01992 411411''
What do I need to bring?
You will be assessed directly in the workplace. Whilst in the workplace you will be responsible for your tools and PPE.
Please contact us directly to find out if you are eligible to take the course for free under National Skills funding guidance. If you do not meet the criteria then the cost of the course will be £1050.
These fees are indicative of the 2024-25 costs and may be subject to change