Our Beauty Therapy Level 2 courses give you the opportunity to work in our exceptional on-site salon Inspires. Taking on this course will prepare you for a career in a wide range of creative fields, including Beauty salons, Spa resorts, Cruise Liners and possibly your own business
2. With a total of eleven hairdressing and beauty salons, Inspires is one of the largest and most advanced salons of any college in the country and is open to members of the public
3. You will be interacting with customers daily to not only hone your creative skills but improve your business understanding and customer service abilities
4. During your time at HRC, you will be taught by tutors and lecturers with a wealth of experience in the industry who have worked for high-end and well-known brands including Dermalogica, Dr Belter, OPI, and MAC Cosmetics
5. Trips and visits are seriously fun, including trips to London Excel, Centre Parcs and Hanbury Manor Hotel and Spa
What do our students say?
''I've learnt so much from this course, I am so glad that I chose to study at HRC''
''Getting to learn in a salon really helps you get a feel for what it's like to work in the industry''
We're proud that our students go onto careers including:â€¢Beauty Therapistsâ€¢Spa Managers â€¢Nail techniciansâ€¢Skin Analyst â€¢Salon Manager
What can I do next?
After you have successfully completed this course, you can choose to:
· Enter into employment in this industry
· Apply to one of our part-time courses to build your portfolio of skills
· Or apply for another full time course
What will I be doing?
This is a one-year programme that will enable you to develop the skills essential for employment in the Beauty Therapy industry, working in salons, spas, hotels and cruise liners and all other aspects of beauty. Topics covered include facials, manicure and pedicure.
There's lots of perks to this course, including:
- Trips to exciting locations which will help them with their course such as London Excel
- Opportunities to build your employability skills, including workshops run by leading names in the industry and work experience
- Students will also be involved in community projects, such as the annual Cancer Research Pamper Evening
- Hair and Beauty students are also frequent winners at the annual HRC Diversity Awards where they regularly submit styles for a runway show that celebrates diversity
How will I be assessed?
Your theory and practical knowledge will be assessed throughout the year by your tutors, in preparation for a formal end of year assessment/exam covering practical and theory knowledge
To take on this course you will need:
· 180 GCSE entry points with Level 4 English or Level 4 Maths , or have a Level 2 Diploma with a Merit grade and a C grade in English equivalent to 4
· To demonstrate good attendance and timekeeping, the ability to meet deadlines and have excellent skills development
- To have a creative flair, a genuine interest in the Beauty industry, good personal presentation and communication skills
We welcome applicants who are already working in the industry and are looking to gain a new qualification.
If you would like help understanding our entry requirements, give our Information Team a call on 01992 411411.
What do I need to bring?
There are some items you will need to purchase in advance of the course which you should expect to replace as and when you need to during the year.
You will need to purchase personal stationery. Kit and uniform are ordered and purchased by students. Kits are non-refundable once the course starts.
For students progressing from within the department, previous kit items could be appropriate but additional items may need to be purchased (depending on previous course).
Payment for optional enrichment activities are detailed throughout the year.
If you think you would benefit from financial support we have bursary options available for those who meet the criteria.
Please note, this funding is not guaranteed and is subject to availability at the time of application.
These fees are indicative of the 2019-20 costs and may be subject to change