This one year course will enable you to develop practical skills and knowledge in client consultation, shampooing, conditioning, cutting men's hair, colouring and cutting facial hair.
You will need to have good personal presentation and communication skills.
Traditionally males are underrepresented in the hair and beauty industry. We welcome and encourage applications from males.
What can I do next?
- Progress onto Level 3 VRQ in Barbering/Level 3 VRQ in Ladies Hairdressing
- Attend a variety of evening short courses.
What will I be doing?
- Following Health and Safety, client consultation
- Shampooing and conditioning hair and scalp, cutting men's hair and cutting ladies hair
- Colouring and lightening hair for both men and women
- Cutting facial hair
- Perming is covered as a one evening workshop
Enrichment activities (trips/visits etc) will be arranged, which are beneficial to this course and your learning. If these are optional, additional fees will be charged to you, complusory enrichment activities will be free of charge. Details are provided once the course starts.
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is ongoing throughout the course. You will be guided and supported in practical and theoretical sessions. Skills will be assessed as soon as you and your assessor consider it is appropriate. You will also do online exams.
160 GCSE points and Grade 3 English and Grade 3 Maths .
Vocational aptitude is essential. During the course you will need to complete a portfolio, written assignments and online exams. This will require good time management skills.
Please note that attendance is two nights a week 6:00pm until 9:00 pm.
What do I need to bring?
- You will need to purchase personal stationery.
- Kit and uniform to be purchased by students. Kits are non refundable once the courses starts.
- Payment for optional enrichment activities are detailed throughout the year.
- Costs are approximate and revised yearly.