What makes Beauty Therapy at HRC special?
- We are proud to have a 99% pass rate (2017-2018)
- With a total of eleven hairdressing and beauty salons, Inspires is one of the largest and most advanced salons of any college in the country and is open to members of the public
- You will be interacting with customers daily to not only hone your creative skills but improve your business understanding and customer service abilities
- During your time at HRC, you will be taught by tutors and lecturers with a wealth of experience in the industry who have worked for high-end and well-known brands including Dermalogica, Dr Belter, OPI, and MAC Cosmetics
- Trips and visits are seriously fun, including trips to Centre Parcs and to Excel London for the Professional Beauty Exhibition.
What do our students say?
"I've learnt so much from this course, I am so glad that I chose to study at HRC"
"Getting to learn in a salon really helps you get a feel for what it's like to work in the industry"
What can I do next?
After you have successfully completed this course, you can choose to:
- Enter into employment in this industry
- Apply to one of our part-time courses to build your portfolio of skills
- Or apply for another full time course
We're proud that our students go onto careers including:
What will I be doing?
This is a one-year programme that will enable you to develop the skills essential for employment in the Beauty Therapy industry, working in salons, spas, hotels and cruise liners and all other aspects of beauty. Topics covered include facials, manicure, pedicure, nail art, waxing, eye treatments, reception work, make-up and tanning
There's lots of perks to this course, including:
- Trips to exciting locations which will help them with their course - Professional Beauty Exhibition at the Excel London being one of them.
- Opportunities to build your employability skills, including workshops run by leading names in the industry and work experience
- Students will also be involved in community projects, such as the annual Cancer Research Pamper Evening
- Hair and Beauty students are also frequent winners at the annual HRC Diversity Awards where they regularly submit styles for a runway show that celebrates diversity
How will I be assessed?
Your theory and practical knowledge will be assessed throughout the year by your tutors, in preparation for a formal end of year assessment/exam covering practical and theory knowledge.
To take on this course you will need:
We welcome applicants who are already working in the industry and are looking to gain a new qualification.
If you would like help understanding our entry requirements, give our Information Team a call on 01992 411411.
What do I need to bring?
There are some items you will need to purchase in advance of the course which you should expect to replace as and when you need to during the year.
You will need to purchase personal stationery. Kit and uniform are ordered and purchased by students. Kits are non-refundable once the course starts.
For students progressing from within the department, previous kit items could be appropriate but additional items may need to be purchased (depending on previous course).
Payment for optional enrichment activities are detailed throughout the year.
If you think you would benefit from financial support we have bursary options available for those who meet the criteria.
Please note, this funding is not guaranteed and is subject to availability at the time of application.
Free to Home students under 19 on 31st August 2023.
If you are a Home student aged 19 or over on the 31st August 2023, you may be liable to pay approximately £2,500 tuition fee for a Level 2 qualification and approximately £5,000 for a Level 3 qualification (these were the tuition fees for 2022/2023 and could be subject to change for 2023/2024).
If you are aged 19-23 you may also be entitled to free tuition if the course you choose is on a government-approved list and the qualification is your first full Level 2 or Level 3 qualification.
If you are aged over 24 and you have not achieved a full Level 3 qualification you may be entitled to free tuition if the qualification is listed on the Government Free courses for jobs list. Similarly, if you already hold a Level 3 qualification (or above) and meet the Adult Education Budgets definition of unemployed or are in receipt of low wage, you may also be entitled to free tuition.
You may also be required to pay an administration fee, exam fees, kit fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable.
These fees are indicative of the 2021-22 costs and may be subject to change