If you are interested in producing music in a professional studio environment, songwriting, film soundtrack composing, sound design or you want to become a sound engineer, then this course is for you.
What can I do next?
You will have skills for:
- Further advanced study in music or a related music or music technology discipline
- Employment within the music business
- Further advanced study at university level on the completion of Year 2
- Employment within another area of industry
What will I be doing?
- Studio recording, engineering and producing
- Band performance and songwriting
- Compose and produce music on Apple Macs using Logic Pro
- DJ workshops using Traktor Pro
- Learn about the music industry and careers within it
- Learn about music theory and composition skills
- Project-based learning both in groups and individually
- There are opportunities for you to take part in masterclasses and for you to work as a sound engineer on music gigs and other performances held at the College
- You will be able to take part in various trips and events outside of college
- You will undertake work-related experience
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed through a mix of recordings, presentations and performances both in class and to an audience and written supporting course work.
- 5 GCSEs at Grade 4/C or above or a Level 2 Diploma at Merit Level
- Demonstrate interest and potential by participating in a practical workshop
What do I need to bring?
You will need to purchase a kit and cover the cost of trips during the year, the total cost of which will be £90. This will include headphones, USB storage and audio interface. This fee is payable on enrolment.
Free to those under 19 on 31 August 2019. If you are 19 or over on 31 August 2019 have been a permanent resident in the EU for the last 3 years and are a fee-paying new entrant you will pay approximately £1500 tuition fee for a Level 2 qualification and approximately £3000 for a Level 3 qualification (these were the fees for 2018/19 and could be subject to change for 2019/20). Fee-paying students continuing on the same course for a second year will be charged £1500 tuition fee for a Level 2 qualification and approximately £3000 for a Level 3 qualification (these were the fees for 2018/19 and could be subject to change for 2019/20). If you are aged 19-23 you may also be entitled to free training if the course you choose is your first full Level 2 or Level 3 qualification.You may also be required to pay an administration fee exam fees kit fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable. For these costs please contact our Information Centre.