This course is an introduction to many different skills for those who want to explore and gain valuable experience in various aspects of creative media production. The course is a pathway towards higher level study such as a Level 3 Media course, and is designed as a step towards a career in the creative industries, one of the largest growth sectors in the UK.
- As a Media student, you'll have an opportunity to gain some work experience being involved with working on live briefs.
- You will be trained to use Industry standard equipment, techniques and will be familiarised with methods and practises used by professionals across a range of media.
- You will gain skills in planning and production across a range of media production projects and environments. These include our in-house studio facility as well as external locations.
- HRC students are well-known for producing a high standard of work, which meet the requirements of industry.
- We are proud to be in the top 10 colleges for student achievement in Creative Arts for learners aged 16 to 18 in the past 2 years.
- Camera operator
- Floor Manager
What can I do next?
- Progress to a Level 3 course in media or a related subject such as photography or games design
What will I be doing?
- Practical classes in media
- Idea development, planning, filming and editing
- Working on productions - live and filmed
- Organising filming and screenings
- There will be trips to the theatre and broadcasting companies
- You will undertake work-related experience
- You may continue studying English and/or maths
How will I be assessed?
The majority of assessments are through practical assignments. There are some written projects in the form of an on-line assessment and a controlled written assessment.
- You should have an interest in digital and creative media, film and TV
- At least four GCSEs at Grade D or equivalent (grade 3) or a Level 1 course at Merit grade
What do I need to bring?
You will need an external hard drive for filmed projects. The kit and trip cost is £90 payable at enrolment.
If you are 19 or over on 31st August 2019, have been a permanent resident in the EU for the last 3 years and are a fee paying new entrant you will pay approx. £2000 tuition fee for a Level 1 qualification, approx. £2000 tutition fee for a Level 2 qualification and approx. £4800 for a Level 3 qualification (these were the fees for 2018/19 and could be subject to change for 2019/20).
Fee paying students continuing on the same course for a second year will be charged £2000 tuition fee for a Level 2 qualification and approx. £8500 for a Level 3 qualification (these were the fees for 2018/19 and could be subject to change for 2019/20).
If you are aged 19-23 you may also be entitled to free training if the course you choose is your first full Level 2 or Level 3 qualification. You may also be required to pay an administration fee, exam fees and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable.