Learn to make films, documentaries, reports, music videos and animation projects using professional industry-standard camera, sound and editing equipment, hardware and software. You will have the opportunity to undertake a varied number of roles within your productions such as a Director, Producer, Editor and more.
What can I do next?
- Progress to a Level 3 course in media or a related subject such as photography or games design
What will I be doing?
- Practical classes in media
- Idea development, planning, filming and editing
- Working on productions - live and filmed
- Organising filming and screenings
- There will be trips to the theatre and broadcasting companies
- You will undertake work-related experience
- You may continue studying English and/or maths
How will I be assessed?
The majority of assessments are through practical assignments. There are some written projects in the form of an on-line assessment and a controlled written assessment.
- You should have an interest in digital and creative media, film and TV
- At least four GCSEs at Grade D or equivalent (grade 3) or a Level 1 course at Merit grade
What do I need to bring?
You will need an external hard drive for filmed projects. The kit and trip cost is £90 payable at enrolment.
Free to those under 19 on 31 August 2019. If you are 19 or over on 31 August 2019 have been a permanent resident in the EU for the last 3 years and are a fee-paying new entrant you will pay approximately £1500 tuition fee for a Level 2 qualification and approximately £3000 for a Level 3 qualification (these were the fees for 2018/19 and could be subject to change for 2019/20). Fee-paying students continuing on the same course for a second year will be charged £1500 tuition fee for a Level 2 qualification and approximately £3000 for a Level 3 qualification (these were the fees for 2018/19 and could be subject to change for 2019/20). If you are aged 19-23 you may also be entitled to free training if the course you choose is your first full Level 2 or Level 3 qualification.You may also be required to pay an administration fee exam fees kit fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable. For these costs please contact our Information Centre.