This course is unique to any other Sports courses available at HRC. It is unique in that you will have teaching from industry trained practitioners and will have access to gym facilities for the duration of your course. This highly competitive practical course will be coupled with a Level 3 programme of study to prepare you for this exciting industry. You will be given access to good quality gym equipment and opportunity to hon your skills within the industry.
What makes Personal Training Level 2/3 at HRC special?
- Our course will help you get to the maximum of your ability.
- You will have access to industry placements
- Good progression opportunities to Industry/FE and University pathways
- Gym and Sports Hall access
- Industry trained professionals
- Partnerships working with local organisations and businesses
- Links with local Universities
- Practical elements are a large part of the course
- Access to industry related exhibitions and external workshops
What do our students say?
"I was impressed with the facilities and I got on well with the staff and teachers."
"I love that the course was hands on and a more practical way of learning."
"I've always been fascinated with Sport and this course fitted my learning and practical needs for me to progress in Sport in the future."
We're proud that our students go onto careers including:
- Sport therapy
- Sport Teacher
- Gym Instructor
- Personal Trainer
- Strength and Conditioning practitioner
- Yoga/Pilates instructors
- Sports Rehabilitation and Massage
What can I do next?
After you have successfully completed this course, you can choose to:
What will I be doing?
Over the course of your college week you will be completing a professionally structured training programme with formalised practical elements. These practical aspect of the course will give you valuable experience within a disciplined industry where a structured set-up replicates a realistic environments.
You will study units that will reflect current trends in the industry and the skills required to work effectively in this industry, whilst giving learners the opportunity to plan and carry out effective training programmes for individual clients.
There's lots of perks to this course, including:
- Access to free gym membership
- Workshop sessions in on from industry related environments
- Visits to industry related settings, workshops and seminars
- Access to training facilities five days a week
- Opportunities to follow individual training development programmes to improve their own fitness
- Variety of enrichment trips
- Industry talks from professionals
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed on both academic ability and practical performance in fitness testing and sporting performance. You must be prepared to maintain a strong academic record as this is considered equally as important as your ability to perform on the practical elements.
You will be assessed continually using a range of different activities; these will include practical activities, sporting performance, group and individual presentations, displays, discussions, written reports and case studies.
The majority of assessment will be related to personal performance whilst participating in gym based activities.
To take on this course you will need:
- A minimum of Grade 4/C in both English and maths plus three other GCSE subjects at Grade 4/C or above
- An academic reference from a previous educational provider
- A sporting performance reference provided by a previous teacher, coach or manager
We also welcome applications from students with relevant experience of qualifications.
If you would like help understanding our entry requirements, give our Information Team a call on 01992 411411.
What do I need to bring?
There are a few things you will need to purchase in advance of your start date, as well as being required to contribute towards the cost of trips. We can give you more details on how to buy these when you enrol, but in the meantime here's a general idea of what you will need:
- Sport performance training kit (specific to HRC) and kit bag
If you think you would benefit from financial support we have bursary options available for those who meet the criteria. Please note, this funding is not guaranteed and is subject to availability at the time of application.
Free to those under 19 on 31st August 2019.
If you are 19 or over on 31st August 2019, have been a permanent resident in the EU for the last 3 years and are a fee paying new entrant you will pay approx. £2000 tuition fee for a Level 2 qualification and approx. £5500 for a Level 3 qualification (these were the fees for 2018/19 and could be subject to change for 2019/20).
Fee paying students continuing on the same course for a second year will be charged £2000 tuition fee for a Level 2 qualification and approx. £8500 for a Level 3 qualification (these were the fees for 2018/19 and could be subject to change for 2019/20).
If you are aged 19-23 you may also be entitled to free training if the course you choose is your first full Level 2 or Level 3 qualification. You may also be required to pay an administration fee, exam fees, kit fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable.