This course will enable you to achieve an industry recognised Active IQ qualification. The course is delivered over 12 weeks and includes aspects of blended learning to support completion. This will mean that, in addition to 100% attendance at College, you will also be expected to study at home. Our recent courses have achieved a 100% pass rate.
For anyone serious about teaching yoga, this qualification is a basic requirement. On top of high-quality teaching, you will get great learning materials, experienced tutors and superb support to kick off your Yoga career in style.
Students that complete this course can go on to:
· Be a Yoga Instructor
· Deliver yoga classes for health clubs and gyms
· Set up your own yoga classes
What can I do next?
· Progress on to our level 3 Exercise Referral course which will give you access to specialist area qualifications
· Progress on to our level 3 Sports Massage
· Progress on to our level 3 Pilates or Yoga
What will I be doing?
The course consists of:
· Practical Sessions with assessment
· Principles of Health and Fitness (multiple choice paper)
· Programming & Instructing how to support clients who take part in exercise & physical activity (worksheet & client interview)
· Health, safety & welfare in a fitness environment
· Principles of exercise, fitness and health (multiple choice paper)
· Anatomy & Physiology for exercise & health (multiple choice theory paper)
You don't have to be flexible to teach Yoga, just an open mind and attitude, with a willingness to learn. You should proactively lead a healthy lifestyle to be a good role model for your clients and demonstrate the advantages of a balanced lifestyle.
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed through:
· Written multiple choice exams
· Practical assessments
· Completion of a case study
· Completion of a portfolio
You will be required to
· Have a genuine interest in health & fitness, Yoga & Well-being.
· Be regularly attending yoga classes
What do I need to bring?
You will need to wear suitable clothing for the practical sessions and will require a pen for the classroom based activities. A manual and portfolio will be provided
The fee for this course is £2250.00
These fees are indicative of the 2019-20 costs and may be subject to change