This course is unique to any other Sports courses available at HRC. It is unique in that you will have teaching from industry trained practitioners and will have access to gym facilities for the duration of your course. This highly competitive practical course will be coupled with a Level 3 programme of study to prepare you for this exciting industry.
What makes Sport and Exercise Science at HRC special?
- Our course will help you get to the maximum of your ability
- Our partnership with this elite, highly recognised football club will make your qualification stand out from others when applying for jobs
- You will be given the opportunity to take part in a showcase game in front of coaches from universities (UK/USA) with a view to gaining scholarships
- You will get opportunities to attend matches at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium and train at the professional training facilities at Hotspur Way, Enfield
- Good progression opportunities to University pathways
- Gym and Sports Hall access
- Industry trained professionals
- Partnerships working with local organisations and businesses
- Links with local Universities
- Practical elements
What do our students say?
"I was impressed with the facilities and I got on well with the staff and teachers."
"I love that the course was hands on and a more practical way of learning."
"I've always been fascinated with Sport and this course fitted my learning and practical needs for me to progress in Sport in the future."
We're proud that our students go onto careers including:
- Sport coaching
- Sport science
- Sport therapy
- Sport Teacher
- Gym Instructor
- Personal Trainer
- Strength and Conditioning Teacher
- Sports analysis
- Sport Psychology
- Sports journalism
- Sport Massage
What can I do next?
After you have successfully completed this course, you can choose to:
- Take on the second year of study for this course to complete the Extended Diploma
- Apply for a degree at university
- Enter into employment in this industry
What will I be doing?
Over the course of your college week you will be completing a combination of both theory and practical based work. You will study units that will provide you with an insight into the various sectors included with the Sports industry i.e. Sports Nutrition, Business in Sport and Instructing Physical activity. You will also study and partake in a variety of team sports to develop your skills, technique and tactical awareness.
There's lots of perks to this course, including:
- Work experience in industry settings
- University workshop sessions and tours
- Visits to 'elite' sporting stadiums
- All Tutors have in-depth industry experience
- Acess to Gym facilities
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed through a combination of both theory and practical work e.g. coaching and practical instruction. Continuous on-going assessment takes place throughout the year to develop a portfolio of evidence
Types of assessment include:
- Role play
- Group work
- Professional discussion
- Written report
To take on this course you will need:
We also welcome applications from students with relevant experience of qualifications.
If you would like help understanding our entry requirements, give our Information Team a call on 01992 411411.
What do I need to bring?
Though you may expect this programme to be just practical experience, you will find it has a lot of theory and information that you will need to learn. You WILL need to make notes, organise hand-outs etc., so that you have the information that you need for your programme/assignment tasks
· Pens, paper, ruler
· Memory stick
· Geometry set
· Calculator (scientific calculator if doing GCSE Maths)
· A4 Files
A laptop or tablet would be beneficial to help support you with your studies both in and out of class.
During your Study Programme (SP) you will take part in practical workshops, therefore we would expect you to be in the appropriate attire. This includes:
· Black Sports Top
· Black Bottoms (shorts, tracksuit bottoms or leggings)
If you think you would benefit from financial support we have bursary options available for those who meet the criteria. Please note, this funding is not guaranteed and is subject to availability at the time of application.
Free to those under 19 on 31st August 2021.
If you are 19 or over on 31st August 2021, have been a permanent resident in the EU for the last 3 years and are a fee paying new entrant you will pay approx. £2000 tuition fee for a Level 2 qualification and approx. £5500 for a Level 3 qualification (these were the fees for 2020/21 and could be subject to change for 2021/22).
Fee paying students continuing on the same course for a second year will be charged £2000 tuition fee for a Level 2 qualification and approx. £3500 for a Level 3 qualification (these were the fees for 2020/21 and could be subject to change for 2021/22).
If you are aged 19-23 you may also be entitled to free training if the course you choose is your first full Level 2 or Level 3 qualification. You may also be required to pay an administration fee, exam fees, kit fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable.
These fees are indicative of the 2021-22 costs and may be subject to change