Do you have a real passion for sport, anything from boxing to basketball?
Can you inspire young people to take up sport? Are you determined to combine this passion with some form of employment but not sure how? Then this is the right course for you. This will help you to choose the path you want to follow and develop skills that employers are looking for, such as being a good team player, using your initiative, being able to plan and prepare activities and communicate with all kinds of people.
What can I do next?
On successful completion of this level 3 course and obtaining a Merit overall grade, you will be able to progress onto the extended level 3 course.
What will I be doing?
- This course has been designed to help, develop and understand the sports coaching, health and fitness and sports development industries.
- Participating in theoretical and practical lessons.
- You will be studying 9 units including Anatomy and Physiology for sport, Training and Fitness in sport. .
Trips visits and enrichment activities which include vocational guest speakers, as well as the use of an on site gym with extended facilities, spinning bikes, studio classes and a boxing/circuit area. You will also study Functional skills, in either Maths, English or ICT and the CYQ Gym Instructor qualification.
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed continuously using a range of activities these will include, role plays, gym and sports analysis, practical assessments, presentations, displays, discussions, written reports and case studies.
- You will need a minium of 194 GCSE entry points including Maths, English and Science at Grade C.
- The outcome of your initial diagnostic assessment will also be taken into consideration when offering you a programme of study.
- Tuition fees may apply if you are 19 years or over on August 31st.
What do I need to bring?
- HRC Sports kit £95
- Personal stationery and a memory stick
Please note that these costs may be subject to change in line with inflation
Free to those under 19 on 31st August 2017. If you are 19 or over on 31st August 2017, have been a permanent resident in the EU for the last 3 years and are a fee paying new entrant, you will pay approx. £1500 tuition fee for a Level 2 qualification and approx. £3000 for a Level 3 qualification (these were the fees for 2016/17 and could be subject to change for 2017/18). Fee paying students continuing on the same course for a second year will be charged £1500 tuition fee for a Level 2 qualification and approx. £3000 for a Level 3 qualification (these were the fees for 2016/17 and could be subject to change for 2017/18). If you are aged 19-23 you may also be entitled to free training if the course you choose is your first full Level 2 or Level 3 qualification.
You may also be required to pay an administration fee, exam fees, kit fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable. For these costs please contact our Information Centre.
£20 Book Fee £50 DBS Fee