If you have a passion for Sport but dont know where you want it to take you in the future, this course could be for you. You will learn how the body works, what muscle groups there are and the importance of good nutrition to an elite athlete or Formula 1 driver. There are a variety of jobs in the fitness world from Sports Coaching for your local council, Fitness Instructing on a cruise liner or organising a programme of sports activities for young people, this course will give you an introduction to these.
What can I do next?
- On successful completion of the level 2 Diploma and obtaining a Merit grade overall, you will be able to progress onto a higher level 3 course, Sport BTEC Level 3 90 Credit Diploma.
- Employment in the Leisure Industry.
What will I be doing?
- This course has been designed to help, develop and understand the skills required for employment in the leisure industry
- Participating in theoretical and practical lessons
- You will be studying 9 units including the Anatomy and Physiology for sport, Injury in sport and Practical sport.
Trips, visits and enrichment activities which include vocational guest speakers, as well as the use of an off site gym with extended facilities, such as a climbing wall, spinning bikes, studio classes, a boxing/circuit area, and track and field events/training.
You will also study Functional skills, in either Maths, English or ICT.
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed continuously using a range of activities these will include; practical gym/sport hall assessments, role plays, presentations, displays, discussions, written reports and case studies.
- You will need a minimum of 136 GCSE entry points or a Level 1 Diploma including Maths or English at Grade D
- The outcome of your initial diagnostic assessment will also be taken into consideration when offering you a programme of study.
- Tuition fees may apply if you are 19 years or over on August 31st.
What do I need to bring?
- HRC Sports Kit £95*
- Enrichment costs £60*
- Personal stationery, memory stick and A4 folder with dividers and clear wallets.
*Please note that these costs may be subject to change in line with inflation
Free to those under 19 on 31st August 2017. If you are 19 or over on 31st August 2017, have been a permanent resident in the EU for the last 3 years and are a fee paying new entrant, you will pay approx. £1500 tuition fee for a Level 2 qualification and approx. £3000 for a Level 3 qualification (these were the fees for 2016/17 and could be subject to change for 2017/18). Fee paying students continuing on the same course for a second year will be charged £1500 tuition fee for a Level 2 qualification and approx. £3000 for a Level 3 qualification (these were the fees for 2016/17 and could be subject to change for 2017/18). If you are aged 19-23 you may also be entitled to free training if the course you choose is your first full Level 2 or Level 3 qualification.
You may also be required to pay an administration fee, exam fees, kit fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable. For these costs please contact our Information Centre.
£50 DBS fee