This course is unique to any other Sports courses available at HRC. It is unique in that you will have teaching from industry trained practitioners and will have access to gym facilities for the duration of your course. This highly competitive practical course will be coupled with a Level 3 programme of study to prepare you for this exciting industry.
What makes HRC Education and Tottenham Hotspur Football Development at HRC special?
- Our course will help you get to the maximum of your ability.
- You will compete in a highly contested football league alongside your theory studies
- Our partnership with this elite, highly recognised football club will make your qualification stand out from others when applying for jobs
- You will be given the opportunity to take part in a showcase game in front of coaches from universities (UK/USA) with a view to gaining scholarships
- You will get opportunities to attend matches at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium and train at the professional training facilities at Hotspur Way, Enfield
- Good progression opportunities to University pathways
- Gym and Sports Hall access
- Industry trained professionals
- Partnerships working with local organisations and businesses
- Links with local Universities
- Practical elements
What do our students say?
"I was impressed with the facilities and I got on well with the staff and teachers."
"I love that the course was hands on and a more practical way of learning."
We're proud that our students go onto careers including:
- Professional Footballer
- Sports Teacher
- Football Manager
- Football Services Officer
What can I do next?
After you have successfully completed this course, you can choose to:
- Apply for the HRC Education and Tottenham Hotspur Football Development Subsidiary Diploma - Level 3
- Apply for a degree at university
- Enter into employment in this industry
What will I be doing?
Over the course of your college week you will be completing a professionally structured training programme with formal league matches. This practical aspect of the course will give you valuable experience within a disciplined academy set-up structured to replicate realistic environments.
You will study units that will reflect stages within the football season e.g. pre-season fitness testing and end of season performance analysis.
There's lots of perks to this course, including:
- Competing in midweek British College Leagues
- Access to free gym membership
- Workshop sessions in a football-related environment
- Visits to elite academy sites
- Access to training facilities four/five days a week
- Opportunities to follow individual training development programmes
- Opportunities to attend matches at the Tottenham Hotspur FC stadium/ground
- Training ground visits to Hotspur Way
- Potential trip abroad
- Industry talks from professionals
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed on both academic ability and practical performance in fitness testing and sporting performance. You must be prepared to maintain a strong academic record as this is considered equally as important as your ability to perform on the training ground.
You will be assessed continually using a range of different activities; these will include practical activities, sporting performance, group and individual presentations, displays, discussions, written reports and case studies.
The majority of assessment will be related to personal performance whilst participating in football squad events (games, training and performance)
To take on this course you will need:
- Maths and English at Grade 3/D or above plus three other GCSE subjects at Grade 3/D or a Level 2 Diploma at Merit level and a minimum GCSE Grade 4/C or equivalent in English or maths
- Successful completion of the six week pre-season programme (August-September)
- A sporting performance reference provided by a previous teacher, coach or manager An Academic reference from a previous educational provider
We also welcome applications from students with relevant experience of qualifications.
If you would like help understanding our entry requirements, give our Information Team a call on 01992 411411.
What do I need to bring?
There are a few things you will need to purchase in advance of your start date. We can give you more details on how to buy these when you enrol, but in the meantime here's a general idea of what you will need:
- Football performance scheme training kit and kit bag
- Football boots (both moulded stud and screw in stud)
- Shin pads
If you think you would benefit from financial support we have bursary options available for those who meet the criteria. Please note, this funding is not guaranteed and is subject to availability at the time of application.
Free to those under 19 on 31st August 2019.
If you are 19 or over on 31st August 2019, have been a permanent resident in the EU for the last 3 years and are a fee paying new entrant you will pay approx. £2000 tuition fee for a Level 2 qualification and approx. £5500 for a Level 3 qualification (these were the fees for 2018/19 and could be subject to change for 2019/20).
Fee paying students continuing on the same course for a second year will be charged £2000 tuition fee for a Level 2 qualification and approx. £8500 for a Level 3 qualification (these were the fees for 2018/19 and could be subject to change for 2019/20).
If you are aged 19-23 you may also be entitled to free training if the course you choose is your first full Level 2 or Level 3 qualification. You may also be required to pay an administration fee, exam fees, kit fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable.