This course will enable you to achieve an industry recognised Active IQ qualification. The course is delivered over 5 weeks (one day per week.) This course will be ideal for any personal trainer or fitness instructor wanting a national Circuit Training Instructor qualification. The course is also suitable for those who have been working in the fitness industry, or those wishing to develop their skills or who are looking for a career change.For anyone serious about being a Circuit Training Instructor, this qualification is a basic requirement. In addition to high-quality teaching, you will get great learning materials, experienced tutors and superb support to kick off your circuit training teaching career in style
Students that complete this course can go on to:
· Become a Circuit Training Instructor
· Deliver circuit training classes for health clubs and gyms
· Set up your own circuit training classes
What can I do next?
· This qualification provides progression to the, Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Instructing Exercise and Fitness, for learners who wish to develop and demonstrate occupational competence in delivering exercise sessions.
· Alternatively, it provides progression to Level 3 qualifications in Personal Training for learners who wish to further their knowledge and skills and become personal trainers working with specialist populations as well as the general population
· Learners may also progress on to qualifications in related sectors, such as Sports Massage, where they will be provided with the knowledge and skills to practise sports massage, alongside gym instructing and circuit training in the health club environment
What will I be doing?
This qualification comprises of 2 units:
· Unit 1: Planning a Circuit Training Session
· Unit 2: Instructing a Circuit Training Session
Successful achievement of both units must be achieved for the full qualification
The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2
A great additional qualification for instructors looking to add to the classes that they already each.
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed through:
· Written and practical assessments
You are required to have:
· A suitable Level 2 Fitness Instructing qualification or Exercise To Music qualification or be a Gym/Fitness Instructor
· Be regularly attending circuit training classes
What do I need to bring?
You will need to wear suitable clothing for the practical sessions and will require a pen for the classroom based activities. A manual and portfolio will be provided
The fee for this course is £220.00
These fees are indicative of the 2019-20 costs and may be subject to change