This course will enable you to achieve an industry recognised Active IQ qualification. The course is delivered over 6 weeks and includes aspects of blended learning to support completion. This will mean that, in addition to 100% attendance at College, you will also be expected to study at home.
The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary and experience of physical activity sessions is highly recommended
Students that complete this course can go on to:
· Teach classes
What can I do next?
This qualification provides progression on to:
· Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Fitness, for learners who wish to develop and demonstrate occupational competence in instructing physical activity or exercise to children
· Learners may also progress on to the Active IQ Level 3 Certificate in Sports Massage, where they will be provided with the knowledge and skills to practice sports massage alongside fitness instructing in the health club environment or a Level 3 Personal Training Qualification
· Learners may also broaden their knowledge and skills by studying further Level 2 qualifications in instructing
What will I be doing?
The course consists of :
· Anatomy and physiology Level 2 including:
- the heart and circulatory system
- the respiratory system
- structure and function of the skeleton
- musculoskeletal system
- postural and core stability
- the nervous and energy systems and their relation to exercise
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed through:
· Completion of a case study
· Completion of a portfolio
- Practical Assessments
- Written multiple choice examination.
- Portfolio of Evidence
- Practical Demonstratiossignment
There are no specific pre-requisite qualifications However, there is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
What do I need to bring?
You will need to wear suitable clothing for the practical sessions and will require a pen for the classroom based activities. A manual and portfolio will be provided
The fee for this course is £800.00
These fees are indicative of the 2019-20 costs and may be subject to change