This qualification is designed to enable candidates to:
- Adopt an integrated approach to the theory and practice of teaching
- Reflect on their own previous/current levels of experience, practice and skills, and areas for development
- Plan and deliver inclusive learning
- Identify principles of:
- Develop communication and inter-personal skills
- Develop an awareness of their professional role and responsibilities
What can I do next?
Upon successful completion of this qualification you may be able to progress to the Certificate or Diploma in Education and Training.
What will I be doing?
You will undertake group learning activities to develop your knowledge and understanding of teaching in the education and training sector.
This course will be delivered through a variety of methods that could include face to face teaching, blended learning, seminars, tutorials, etc.
How will I be assessed?
You will submit written tasks that will form your portfolio. These will be submitted at the end of each unit. You will also undertake a micro-teaching session.
A Level 2 English qualification or evidence of working at Level 2 or above.
What do I need to bring?
- Suggested resource (not essential to learning): The Award in Education and Training by Ann Gravells, published by Learning Matters www.learningmatters.co.uk
- Two ringbinders
- You will have access to HRC's Moodle (VLE) for additional resources
2018/19 fees for this course are currently £450 but may be subject to change. Please enquire as to the current fees when applying.
These fees are indicative of the 2021-22 costs and may be subject to change