Our Award in Education and Training (Level 3) will take place on Tuesday at our Ware campus running from 6-9pm.
The start date for the course is Tuesday 10th January 2023 running until Tuesday 18th April 2023.
This course is for anyone interested in teaching those aged 14 years plus.
This qualification is designed to enable candidates to:
- Adopt an integrated approach to the theory and practice of teaching
- Reflect on their own previous/current levels of experience, practice and skills, and areas for development
- Plan and deliver inclusive learning
- Identify principles of:
- Develop communication and inter-personal skills
- Develop an awareness of their professional role and responsibilities
What can I do next?
Upon successful completion of this qualification you may be able to progress to the Certificate or Diploma in Education and Training.
What will I be doing?
You will undertake group learning activities to develop your knowledge and understanding of teaching in the education and training sector.
This course will be delivered through a variety of methods that could include face to face teaching, blended learning, seminars, tutorials, etc.
How will I be assessed?
You will submit written tasks that will form your portfolio. These will be submitted at the end of each unit. You will also undertake a micro-teaching session.
A Level 2 English qualification or evidence of working at Level 2 or above.
What do I need to bring?
- Suggested resource (not essential to learning): The Award in Education and Training by Ann Gravells, published by Learning Matters www.learningmatters.co.uk
- Two ringbinders
- You will have access to HRC's Moodle (VLE) for additional resources
- Laptop, TEAMS is used as a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
2022/23 fees for this course are currently £550 but may be subject to change. Please enquire as to the current fees when applying.
These fees are indicative of the 2021-22 costs and may be subject to change