We're proud that our students go onto careers including:
- Professional Footballer
- Sports Teacher
- Football Manager
- Football Services Officer
What can I do next?
After you have successfully completed this course, you can choose to:
- Take on the second year of study for this course to complete the Extended Diploma
- Apply for a degree at university
- Enter into employment in this industry
What will I be doing?
Over the course of your college week you will be completing a professionally structured training programme with formal league matches. This practical aspect of the course will give you valuable experience within a disciplined academy set-up structured to replicate realistic environments.
You will study units that will reflect stages within the football season e.g. pre-season fitness testing and end of season performance analysis.
Students will also be developing their physical fitness, team-building and communication skills all of which are vital skills when entering the Sport's sector.
There's lots of perks to this course, including:
- Competing in midweek British College Leagues
- Access to free gym membership
- Workshop sessions in a football-related environment
- Visits to elite academy sites
- Access to training facilities four/five days a week
- Opportunities to follow individual training development programmes
- Training ground visits to Hotspur Way
- Potential trip abroad
- Industry talks from professionals
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed on both academic ability and practical performance in fitness testing and sporting performance. You must be prepared to maintain a strong academic record as this is considered equally as important as your ability to perform on the training ground.
You will be assessed continually using a range of different activities; these will include practical activities, sporting performance, group and individual presentations, displays, discussions, written reports and case studies.
The majority of assessment will be related to personal performance whilst participating in football squad events (games, training and performance).
To take on this course you will need:
- A minimum of 200 GCSE entry points; including English and maths at Grade 4/C or a Level 2 Diploma at Merit level and a minimum GCSE Grade 4/C in English or maths
- Successful completion of the six week pre-season programme (August-September)
- A sporting performance reference provided by a previous teacher, coach or manager An Academic reference from a previous educational provider
What do I need to bring?
There are a few things you will need to purchase in advance of your start date, as well as being required to contribute towards the cost of trips. We can give you more details on how to buy these when you enrol, but in the meantime here's a general idea of what you will need:
- Football performance scheme training kit (as specified)
- Football boots (both moulded stud and screw in stud)
- Shin pads
If you think you would benefit from financial support we have bursary options available for those who meet the criteria. Please note, this funding is not guaranteed and is subject to availability at the time of application.
Free to those under 19 on 31st August 2019.
If you are 19 or over on 31st August 2019, have been a permanent resident in the EU for the last 3 years and are a fee paying new entrant you will pay approx. £2000 tuition fee for a Level 2 qualification and approx. £5500 for a Level 3 qualification (these were the fees for 2018/19 and could be subject to change for 2019/20).
Fee paying students continuing on the same course for a second year will be charged £2000 tuition fee for a Level 2 qualification and approx. £8500 for a Level 3 qualification (these were the fees for 2018/19 and could be subject to change for 2019/20).
If you are aged 19-23 you may also be entitled to free training if the course you choose is your first full Level 2 or Level 3 qualification. You may also be required to pay an administration fee, exam fees, kit fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable.
These fees are indicative of the 2019-20 costs and may be subject to change