The Travel and Tourism industry offers a vast range of jobs, taking you to all corners of the globe. This course will give you an opportunity to identify where your passion lies, with an aim to prepare you for a career in the travel industry or as a member of cabin crew.
What makes Travel & Tourism at HRC special?
- We are proud to have very high pass rates and learners progress to employment within the industry
- You will be taught in our exceptional simulated airline suite. The suite features our JetBlueAir 18-seat aeroplane cabin, with HRC being one of only two colleges in the whole country to have this facility on-site. The cabin is complete with overhead lockers, PA system, check-in desk and security area providing an incredibly realistic training environment
- The team at HRC have all worked (or continue to work!) in the industry themselves in roles from air cabin crew to holiday representatives and know what employers are looking for in employees
- Alongside your qualification, you will also take part in trips and visits to some of the top attractions both in the UK and overseas
What do our students say?
"The best thing about the course is that we covered everything within the industry so you get a good idea of what you want to do after."
"Our tutors know a lot about the Travel industry, and one of them is a Cabin Crew Manager. So we get to learn lots of insider information that can help us when applying for jobs."
We're proud that our students go onto careers including:
- Tourist guide
- Holiday resort Reps
- Travel agent
- Air Cabin Crew
- Events planner
What can I do next?
After you have successfully completed this course, you can choose to:
- Apply for a career within the industry
What will I be doing?
We will help you learn a wide range of skills that will support you to work in the Travel and Tourism industry, including understanding and development promotions and sales campaigns, planning and delivering guided tours, the principles of marketing and a focus on adventure tourism.
The College works in partnership with recognised travel companies and organisations e.g. ABTA whose guest speakers will help you to gain further understanding of the Travel and Tourism industry
There's lots of perks to this course! Our lecturers have worked hard to develop relationships with amazing companies, including British Airways and Royal Caribbean Cruises. In the past, students have taken part in British Airways training drills at their own training locations, and gone behind the scenes of luxury cruise ships to see what life aboard is really like.You will also have the opportunity to go on international trips . Past trips have included New York, Krakow, Paris, Budapest and Lisbon
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed using assignments and online testing.
To take on this course you will need:
- 200 GCSE entry points, or have a Level 2 Diploma with a Merit grade
- GCSE Grades 4/C in English and maths, or be willing to work towards these in addition to your full-time course
- To provide examples of your work at an interview with us
We also welcome applications from students with relevant experience or qualifications.
If you would like help understanding our entry requirements, give our Information Team a call on 01992 411411.
What do I need to bring?
You will need to pay for your own personal stationery.
You will need a valid passport so that you can join us on international trips. You will be required to contribute a cost towards these trips.
If you think you would benefit from financial support we have bursary options available for those who meet the criteria. Please note, this funding is not guaranteed and is subject to availability at the time of application.
Free to those under 19 on 31st August 2021.
If you are 19 or over on 31st August 2021, have been a permanent resident in the EU for the last 3 years and are a fee paying new entrant you will pay approx. £2000 tuition fee for a Level 2 qualification and approx. £5500 for a Level 3 qualification (these were the fees for 2020/21 and could be subject to change for 2021/22).
Fee paying students continuing on the same course for a second year will be charged £2000 tuition fee for a Level 2 qualification and approx. £3500 for a Level 3 qualification (these were the fees for 2020/21 and could be subject to change for 2021/22).
If you are aged 19-23 you may also be entitled to free training if the course you choose is your first full Level 2 or Level 3 qualification. You may also be required to pay an administration fee, exam fees, kit fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable.
These fees are indicative of the 2021-22 costs and may be subject to change