SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN & VULNERABLE ADULTS POLICY AND PROCEDURE
Hertford Regional College is committed to safeguarding all staff, students and visitors, and there are policies and procedures in place to achieve this. This policy sets out how we will actively promote the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults.
The aims of the Policy are:
- To provide protection for the children or vulnerable adults at Hertford Regional College.
- To provide staff and volunteers with guidance on the procedures they should adopt in the event that they suspect a student may be experiencing, or be at risk of harm.
In order to protect children and vulnerable adults from harm the College will act in accordance with the following legislation and guidance:
- The Children Act 1989
- The Care Standards Act 2000
- The Education Act 2002
- The Children Act 2004
- Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education 2007 (Guidance document)
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006
- Vetting and Barring Scheme 2009
The Policy applies to the Board of the Corporation, all staff, volunteers, agency staff, students, contractors and anyone working on behalf of the College.