You will work on live briefs commissioned by employers and produce a range of exciting media products for your portfolio and showreel. You will explore the world of film, TV, digital media and advertising. You will have the opportunity to undertake a varied number of roles within your productions such as a Director, Producer, Editor and more.
What can I do next?
You will have the technical skills and diverse experience for:
- Further study at Level 3 in Media Production or a related Media discipline - eg an extended diploma
- Employment within the creative sector
What will I be doing?
- Filming and advanced camera work
- Digital editing techniques
- Factual programme production
- Organising filming and screenings
- Live briefs for industry clients and visits to the industry relevant locations
- Trips to the theatre and broadcasting companies
- You will undertake work-related experience
- You may continue studying English and/or maths
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is through practical group assignments carried out in class and independent coursework. Functional Skills are assessed through online tests.
5 GCSEs at Grade 4/C or above or a Level 2 Diploma at Merit Level
What do I need to bring?
You will need a kit including an external hard drive.
The kit and trip cost is £90, which is charged to you on enrolment.
Free to those under 19 on 31 August 2019. If you are 19 or over on 31 August 2019 have been a permanent resident in the EU for the last 3 years and are a fee-paying new entrant you will pay approximately £1500 tuition fee for a Level 2 qualification and approximately £3000 for a Level 3 qualification (these were the fees for 2018/19 and could be subject to change for 2019/20). Fee-paying students continuing on the same course for a second year will be charged £1500 tuition fee for a Level 2 qualification and approximately £3000 for a Level 3 qualification (these were the fees for 2018/19 and could be subject to change for 2019/20). If you are aged 19-23 you may also be entitled to free training if the course you choose is your first full Level 2 or Level 3 qualification.You may also be required to pay an administration fee exam fees kit fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable. For these costs please contact our Information Centre.