Art & Design
A £10.5 million investment has enabled us to develop the Creative Enterprise campus at Ware, which is home to our stunning Creative Arts and Industries facilities.
State-of-the-art resources include a 3D printer, laser cutter, photography studio and dark room, Mac suites and a model-making workshop. We are also proud to have the David Gentleman Gallery in which we host regular exhibits displaying the work of our students.
Departments housed at the Ware campus include Photography, 3D Design (product, furniture and interior), Animation and Multimedia, Fashion, Graphic Design, Visual Merchandising and more.
HRC’s Art and Design courses include approved University of the Arts London (UAL) Awarding Body qualifications. The UAL Awarding Body is part of the University of Arts London, Europe’s largest specialist arts university.
We are also delighted to be recognised as a Centre of Excellence by the British Display Society for our Visual Merchandising courses.
Art and Design courses open up careers in fast-paced industries that are constantly searching for new talent, innovations and concepts to help create the next big design. As an Art and Design student you will be prepared for work after study by learning hands-on techniques and being commissioned to deliver projects and live briefs. These will develop vital business skills to help you reach your successful career direction.
You may also have the opportunity to complete valuable work experience placements and live briefs. Previous opportunities have included:
- Designing window displays for Harrods
- Attending community events and markets to sell your artwork through the Creative Enterprise pop-up shop
- Working with the HRC Marketing team on designs, branding and photography shoots
- Designing and selling seasonal gifts
- Designing window displays for local shops
- Exhibiting your work to the public at the David Gentleman Gallery
Key Employability Skills
- Confidence in marketing yourself
- Good communication skills
- Creative flair