As the UCAS deadline approaches, it can feel overwhelming to make the right decision for your future. Expensive fees, finding accommodation and moving away from friends and family can feel daunting and make the process more stressful than it should be. If you want to explore your options, Hertford Regional College is proud to offer Foundation Degrees and Higher National Diplomas (HNDs) in a wide range of subject areas…
What are Foundation Degrees and HNDs?
Foundation Degrees and HNDs are equivalent to two years’ worth of study at university level. The courses are designed in conjunction with employers to ensure students are continually learning the skills employers are looking for. After the course has finished and students have achieved their recognised qualification, they can then decide if they would like to move onto university to complete the final year of their degree and achieve a BA or BSc Honours degree.
What will I gain from studying a Foundation Degree and HND with HRC?
Students that choose to study with us experience a wide range of benefits.
- An exceptionally supportive environment with a high emphasis on individual attention
- Your own dedicated personal advisor who will oversee your progress
- Lower costs than university degrees, ensuring you can achieve your qualifications and personal development without worrying about high levels of debt
- Stay close to your friends and family
- Keep your part-time job
Don’t take our word for it
Our Foundation Degree and HND students have gone on to achieve great things both academically and through employment. Chris Ford wanted to pursue a degree with HRC in order to secure a job in Marketing and particularly enjoyed the smaller classes at HRC which helped with sharing ideas. “The high standards set by the tutors at HRC prepared me for what is expected at university level and ensured that I excelled”.
What courses does HRC offer?
Below you will find the current Foundation Degrees and HNDs available at HRC. We also offer an Art & Design Foundation Diploma for those leaving sixth form to help students prepare a portfolio and build their skills towards completing an art degree at university.
You can click on each course to find further information.
Full-Time Foundation Degree
- 3-Dimensional Design Foundation Degree
- Art & Design Foundation Diploma
- Business Foundation Degree
- Engineering Extended Degree
- Fine Art Practice Foundation Degree
- Visual Merchandising Foundation Degree
- Computing Foundation Degree
- Creative Media Production HND
- Music HND
- Performing Arts HND
- Photography HND
- Public Service BTEC Higher National Certificate Level 4
Part-Time Foundation Degree
- Education and Training Award
- Education and Training Diploma
- Education and Training Level 4 Certificate
- Business Foundation Degree
Current HRC students can apply for Foundation Degrees and HNDs via their tutors.