When it comes to our Higher Education courses we're extra special.
We are proud to have achieved a silver award from the Teaching Excellence Framework which is a government assessment of the quality of undergraduate teaching.
Our special achievements were noted in a report which said that:
- Our course design and assessment practices provide scope for excellent levels of stretch, including local employers playing a significant role in designing the curriculum
- We offer personalised learning that tracks your progress and identifies the support you need
- We have optimum levels of contact time between lecturers and students to secure the highest levels of engagement and commitment
- Our student engagement with enterprise and practice through opportunities for work-based learning and live briefs, which are developed in partnership with employers or industry bodies
- We have systematic investment in high quality physical and digital resources that are actively and consistently used by students to enhance learning
- We have a culture of support for the ongoing development of teaching excellence
Phew! That's quite a lot.
We have also been recognised by QAA which are the UK's organisation for the safeguarding of standards and improving the quality of UK Higher Education. The QAA states that:
- The quality of student learning opportunities meets UK expectations
- The quality of the information about learning opportunities meets UK expectations
- Our enhancement of student learning opportunities meets UK expectations